The first in our 2012 BEANS! feature is this wonderfully thick, bean-forward recipe for Frijoles Borrachos (Drunken Beans) from Haverly. With pinto beans, garlic, onions, salt, bacon, tomato, beer and a little time, you get a hearty side that compliments grilled and barbecued items perfectly. Set these beans out with warm tortillas, sauteed vegetables, seasoned rice, pico de gallo, and some guacamole and you’ve got yourself a burrito bar. Like most bean recipes, this dish reheats beautifully so if you want to make them the night before a tailgate you can, just be sure to put the pot on the side of the grill with low heat and not the side of the grill you’ve got set to MEGA FLAMES for hot dogs in twenty seconds or less.
- Grammatical errors served daily.
- No baseball, no hockey, no basketball: It’s good to be the king – KSK on
- Kung Pao Chicken Egg Rolls at KSK on
- Creamy Hot Hoagie Dip: The Friday Football Foodie on
- Grilled Brussel Sprout Kabobs with Bacon Lardons: Football Foodie Kickoff! on
- High Shirley: The trashiest yet most delicious beer cocktail you will ever make for the Pro Bowl on
- Win a copy of the 2015 Baseball Prospectus and some snacks!
- Welcome to Sportadically
- Goodbye to the MLB Fan Cave
- 2015 Baseball Prospectus!
- Brought a gun to a football fight
- List: Movies Jon Gruden Should Star In The Remake Of
- You, your period and your workplace.
- Schlepping our wares around town
- Foodball Over At KSK
- Roasted Mezcal Bloody Marys: Football Foodies Becomes Foodball Over KSK
- Everybody into the pool! The 2013 Football Foodie CFB and NFL pick’em pools are here!
- Wanted Kool-Aid Man: Oh yeah!
- Snark Is A Loaded Gun
- Super Bowl Recipe Month: Designated Driver Drinks And The Football Foodie Year In Review at KSK
- Super Bowl Recipe Month: Cajun Seasoned Sausage Rolls And Deep Dish Pizza at KSK
Subscribe to Blog via Email