While praising Mark Sanchez’s production in the Eagles-Panthers game, human highlighter pen Jon Gruden slipped in an ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK reference when describing the quarterback’s change of fortune in Philadelphia. An obvious joke to headline writers everywhere, boothmate Mike Tirico couldn’t help but ask if Gruden had planned out the reference earlier in the day.
Gruden’s reply, “I like Snake Plissken.”
Of course he does. Gruden liking Snake Plissken goes with his enjoyment of hair metal and hard work. He’s been called “Chucky” a million times, but he’s Snake. We should shut down working on all future movies — fuck the Marvel and Star Wars slate — until we have a reboot of ESCAPE starring Jon Gruden in the can.
Other movies we need to remake just to have Jon Gruden star in them:
- Lincoln Hawk, OVER THE TOP
- Henry Wilcox, HOWARD’S END
- Raymond Tango, Gabriel Cash (green screen dual role), TANGO & CASH
- Kitano, BATTLE ROYALE
- Michael Dorsey, TOOTSIE
- Arthur Bach, ARTHUR
- Neo, THE MATRIX
- Donnie Brasco, DONNIE BRASCO
- Thorton Melon, BACK TO SCHOOL
- Brad Hamilton, FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
- Kit, BADLANDS