Maybe this Super Bowl season you want to class things up a bit. Or maybe you just need a break from giant subs, heavy pizza, fried ravioli and a bowl of potato chips. Or maybe you’re like my friend ‘Fesser who emailed me the other day looking for recipes that would work for the Texans-Pats game and for the Golden Globes later in the evening.
Fortunately for my friend I already had a few items up my sleeve for this month that fit his request perfectly. Ficelles, thin French sandwiches typically made with only a few ingredients, these small bites are easily made in batches for an impressive sandwich platter. Roasted gnocchi with rosemary make for unusual addition to party buffet instead of a bowl of nuts. Tortellini for a much more satisfying pasta salad, especially when tossed with wilted spinach and pearl-sized balls of soft mozzarella.
My favorite new treat this season? Pizza gougeres, an Italian take on a classic French cheese puff. Easier to make than you think and incredibly addicting just out of the oven.
- Grammatical errors served daily.
- Hit and Run, November 7, 2007: Things You Probably Did Not Know on
- Friday Football Foodie – Smörgåsbord – UPDATED WITH GAME PLAY on
- Roasted Rosemary Almonds: 28 Days of Super Bowl Recipes on
- Return of the Original Friday Football Foodie – Mexican Fondue, Popcorn Bars and Five Points on
- Bringing the Heat – Pittsburgh Pirates on
- Over at ET Online: Lindsay Lohan at 30 (and why we’re hoping for her success)
- Over at ET Online: Why EVERBODY WANTS SOME!! is secretly a great sports movie
- Why TV and the NFL need each other to survive
- Birth. Death. Movies./Alamo Drafthouse Star Wars Magazine!
- Results of the 2015, from 2060
- Win a copy of the 2015 Baseball Prospectus and some snacks!
- Welcome to Sportadically
- Goodbye to the MLB Fan Cave
- 2015 Baseball Prospectus!
- Brought a gun to a football fight
- List: Movies Jon Gruden Should Star In The Remake Of
- You, your period and your workplace.
- Schlepping our wares around town
- Foodball Over At KSK
- Roasted Mezcal Bloody Marys: Football Foodies Becomes Foodball Over KSK
Subscribe to Blog via Email