Maybe this Super Bowl season you want to class things up a bit. Or maybe you just need a break from giant subs, heavy pizza, fried ravioli and a bowl of potato chips. Or maybe you’re like my friend ‘Fesser who emailed me the other day looking for recipes that would work for the Texans-Pats game and for the Golden Globes later in the evening.
Fortunately for my friend I already had a few items up my sleeve for this month that fit his request perfectly. Ficelles, thin French sandwiches typically made with only a few ingredients, these small bites are easily made in batches for an impressive sandwich platter. Roasted gnocchi with rosemary make for unusual addition to party buffet instead of a bowl of nuts. Tortellini for a much more satisfying pasta salad, especially when tossed with wilted spinach and pearl-sized balls of soft mozzarella.
My favorite new treat this season? Pizza gougeres, an Italian take on a classic French cheese puff. Easier to make than you think and incredibly addicting just out of the oven.
- Grammatical errors served daily.
- No baseball, no hockey, no basketball: It’s good to be the king – KSK on
- Kung Pao Chicken Egg Rolls at KSK on
- Creamy Hot Hoagie Dip: The Friday Football Foodie on
- Grilled Brussel Sprout Kabobs with Bacon Lardons: Football Foodie Kickoff! on
- High Shirley: The trashiest yet most delicious beer cocktail you will ever make for the Pro Bowl on
- Win a copy of the 2015 Baseball Prospectus and some snacks!
- Welcome to Sportadically
- Goodbye to the MLB Fan Cave
- 2015 Baseball Prospectus!
- Brought a gun to a football fight
- List: Movies Jon Gruden Should Star In The Remake Of
- You, your period and your workplace.
- Schlepping our wares around town
- Foodball Over At KSK
- Roasted Mezcal Bloody Marys: Football Foodies Becomes Foodball Over KSK
- Everybody into the pool! The 2013 Football Foodie CFB and NFL pick’em pools are here!
- Wanted Kool-Aid Man: Oh yeah!
- Snark Is A Loaded Gun
- Super Bowl Recipe Month: Designated Driver Drinks And The Football Foodie Year In Review at KSK
- Super Bowl Recipe Month: Cajun Seasoned Sausage Rolls And Deep Dish Pizza at KSK
Subscribe to Blog via Email