|Smoky Chipotle Bacon Pimento Cheese: Football Foodie Quick Hit || ||
Recipe type: snack
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Smokey cheddar, spicy chipotle and meaty bacon converts everyone over to pimento cheese love.
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) smoked cheddar, grated
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces mayonnaise, preferably Dukes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1-2 scallions, chopped, optional (highly encouraged)
- Salt and pepper if desired
- Chop and gently cook bacon until crispy. Drain and cool.
- While the bacon is cooking, grate the cheese and combine with the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Once the bacon has cooled, fold in the bacon and then chopped chipotle peppers to taste.
- Salt or pepper if desired.
- Top with chopped scallions.
- Serve with crostini, vegetables or even as a filling in a sandwich on toasted bread.
The original recipe from Parlor Market called for twice as much mayonnaise, but you get a nicer, thicker pimento cheese using a smaller amount. If you want a thinner pimento cheese though, go for it and double the amount of mayo in your batch. I highly recommend adding the green onion.
Recipe by sarah sprague at http://sarahsprague.com/2011/11/16/smoky-chipotle-bacon-pimento-cheese-football-foodie-quick-hit/