|Seared Queso Blanco: Football Foodie Snack ||
Recipe type: snack
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 7 mins
- 1/2 pound queso blanco or queso para freir
- Vegetable oil, optional
- Cut the queso blanco into squares.
- Heat the pan to medium-high (with oil if required) and sear the queso blanco.
- Turn as each side browns. Don't worry if you don't quite get all the edges, it's hard to do.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite taqueria type salsa for dipping. The mildly salty cheese holds up well against spicy chipotle and chili salsas, while providing a nice balance to the heat.
If using a non-stick pan, oil is not needed.
Recipe by sarah sprague at http://sarahsprague.com/2011/11/02/seared-queso-blanco-football-foodie-snack-served-with-feigned-fan-humility-and-salsa/